[LAU] Ubuntu: changing realtime priority of irqs

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Sat Jul 21 08:26:57 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 02:03:19PM +0200, Atte Andr? Jensen wrote:
> Whereas on debian I would get:
>
> atte at ajstrup:~$ ps aux | grep IRQ
> root        18  0.2  0.0      0     0 ?        S<   13:34   0:00 [IRQ 9]

Which kernel version is this?  On Debian, I get ksoftirqd as well, one
per processor core.  ksoftirqd is part of the 2.6 kernel series.  I
imagine you're still using a 2.4 kernel on your Debian system, or the
kernel is configured and built differently to mine.

It may be possible to rebuild the Ubuntu kernel you are using to match
what you are used to, but I don't know if that will get you what you
want.  I've never tried setting real-time priority on kernel threads
like that, and I don't know if it would achieve anything.  I trust it
did for you?