[LAU] Realtek ALC882D

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Jul 24 06:07:03 EDT 2007

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 24. Juli 2007 schrieb Chris McCormick:
> I was just wondering if anyone had experience with the sound device
> (Realtek ALC882D) or this laptop specifically? I will be 'touring' with
> it next year. I chose this ASUS over a macbook based on the testimonies
> on this list earlier in the year; thanks for yr help!

Forget the built-in sound! All of them are crap when it comes to connecting
them to professional gear.
Think about getting:
 - A firewire-device supported by freebob, provided the fw-chipset of the
laptop works, otherwise you would have to get a pcmcia-/express-card
firewire-adapter.
 - A usb device, but note that only the usb1 devices work since with usb2 they
forgot to define a standard. And you should check which devices are supported
by alsa.
 - A pcmcia-/express-card audio-interface. As far as I know some layla's and
rme's are supported. But you should check the alsa device list too...

I am using a tascam usb-interface (which has preamps that break regularly, too
bad that warranty-time is over) and I am happily using a presonus firepod.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---