[LAU] Arecord clicks

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Jul 25 09:20:48 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 02:56:29PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:
>
> > Sorry to be a n00b, but I really need to record this live set to my
> > laptop.
>
> I'd forget about arecord and recommend "ecasound" instead. You can run
> it with realtime priorty, huge buffers and all that. It even supports
> Jack, if you need that.

Wow, Ecasound rules! Thanks for putting me on to this.

Unfortunately the problem still persists. Changing the buffer size just
causes weird stuff to happen like the left and right channels going out
of sync, as well as the horrible clicking noises. Maybe it's a bug with
the alsa driver for this card.

Oh well, I give up on this crummy old laptop. I'll wait for the new one
to arrive before I do this.

Thanks for your help everyone who replied.

Best,

Chris.