[LAU] Gumstix and jack, softsynths, etc?

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Wed Jul 25 15:59:43 EDT 2007

As far as I know Gumstix would require you to crosscompile a lot of
stuff to get it running, not worth the hassle. I would recommend more
compatible solutions like the mentioned VIA boards. For a freelance
project I had several embedded computers here. A Via system which was
smaller than Shuttles, passive cooled with 500mhz. It could include a
hdd but I ran it from CF card. But my favorite was a smaller system of
the size of 3 CDs stack, 166 Mhz with 128mb and driven by a CF card. It
even has audio in and out but I dont had the chance to check it out
because I have to ship it to the customer soon. Later I can send some
links but I am in a hurry now...

Cheers,

Malte
--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

next concert:
Elektronengehirn 30.8. ICMC 2007, Copenhagen, Denmark