[LAU] Ati driver installation for low latency kernel (Kubuntu)

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Tue Jul 31 10:51:36 EDT 2007

On 31 July 2007 at 21:30, Ross <rosscoad at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> > Now the problem is, that in the Ati driver installation, the
> > kernel is modified. If I install the driver while using the
> > generic kernel, it works well with the generic kernel. If
> > I then boot the low latency kernel and install the driver,
> > it only works with the low latency kernel, but not anymore
> > with the generic kernel. Now I would be fine without 3D
> > acceleration while I'm using the low latency kernel, but the
> > annoying thing is that sometimes the system freezes if the
> > driver doesn't work properly.
> >
> > Can anyone help me solve the issue, or does someone know a
> > workaround? I would be most gratefull!

A couple years ago I was trying the same thing on a tower PC.  My
investigation back then lead me to a kernel mailing list archive that
said the two (low latency and ATI's graphics acceleration) were
incompatible.  This might have extended to nVidia too.  It's been so
long that I don't remember the details anymore.

G'luck...
--
Kevin