[LAU] What's some good hardware for recording??

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:04:02 EDT 2007

On 7/30/07, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric at zhevny.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 10:01:01AM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
>
> > While the 1010LT is cheap, it has the converters builtin (the same for
> the 44
> > and 66), which means they pick up the electronic noise from inside the
> > computer. And there is a lot of this electronic noise, otherwise the
> cases
> > wouldn't need to be made of metal to shield the environment...
>
> While that is theoretically true, in my own practical experience it
> hasn't been an issue with my 66. I think many others here have had good
> experiences with these cards, even though the converters are inside the
> case on the PCI card. That said, ianaa (audiophile) and ymmv.

It depends on the computer, and where your card is inside it in relation to
other components.

To give an example, my RME HDSP9632, when sitting right next to my video
card, would pick up interference.  I put it there because that was the only
PCI slot I had.  I then moved it to a PCI-X slot as far away from the video
card as I could, and I no longer get any audible interference.

How much interference, depends on placement of the card, placement of other
objects in the computer, quality of components and design of the card(How
well it protects it signal path), and a few other factors I probably know
nothing about;)

             Seablade