[LAU] HOWTO: Tempo changes in Hydrogen via Rosegarden

Matthias Schönborn mbs1303 at gmx.de
Tue Jul 31 17:59:07 EDT 2007

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to contribute a little trick I found out.

Today I played around with Hydrogen, a really amazing piece of software! But I
couldn't find out how to change the tempo gradually. I surfed the web and
found out that it just isn't supported yet. Somewhat dissappointed I searched
for solutions, and found that one:

I started Rosegarden and edited a Midi track, and magically, a different
sample was played in Hydrogen everytime I played a note in Rosegarden (don't
ask me about settings, it just worked!). So the simple trick is to set
Rosegarden as the Time Master, have your tempo track set there, click down
your drumtrack, play it with every tempo change you like and record it in
hydrogen with the record midi button there and there you are!

Now I haven't tried out too much with it, I was just so exited about it that I
had to share it with you (though most of you will already use this trick, but
I haven't found this on the web, so maybe this will help some people as they
browse the archive).

Greetings
Matthias