[LAU] IRQ tuning

Roman Muñoz intxixu at gisa-elkartea.org
Sat Jun 2 06:00:30 EDT 2007

Hi,

After some days browsing for info, it looks like I'm being unable to
tune my IRQs to get my sound card on its own, exclusive IRQ.

I'm using 2.6.21.3-rt9 on Debian Etch now, but:

a) sound card is on IRQ 17 with ehci on IRQ 17 too. Both sound card
(intel hda) and usb are motherboard (NVIDIA CK 804) ones. I'm not
getting xruns, and I was thinking it was quite fine and probably
hardware-related.

b) However, I can not get those nice 255 IRQ vectors even if local apic
and io-apic on uniprocessor are active. I even tried to use debian
kernel configuration as much as possible (on 2.6.18 I get the vectors)
but they seem to be unavailable as soon as I patch the kernel with
Ingo's patch.

So I think now this could be software-related and I would be able to set
  IRQs.  What's the matter? Could you guys give me some up-to-date pointers?

Thanks
Roman