[LAU] Proposal: OpenDAWS (long)

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Jun 6 12:47:52 EDT 2007

Yes, an open, simple to do and understand format for DAWS. Video might come in
some time in the future.

What I am interested in could be made by simplest application in an editor.
Byte-boundaries in audio files (that's how Cakewalk does it) would require
software, at least to show the boundaries for entry. MIDI files could be
accessed by track and times rather than raw or hex data. Also there are MIDI
assembly languages around.

What I have in mind is not overly ambitious, not an attempt to solve the
world's advanced authoring needs in a huge expensive and propietary manner.
I would still like to see the spec, DTD or some outline of the schema. But I
am interested in opensource!