[LAU] building Freecycle for x86_64 ?

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Wed Jun 6 19:40:30 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 06 June 2007, Dragan Noveski wrote:

> i don't know anything about 64bit-debian, i am on 32-bit lenny here, but
> often, if appi is requiring qt4, i have to change the synlinks in
> /usr/bin which here are normally showing to /usr/share/qt3/bin.
>
> those are:
>
> /usr/bin/designer
> ............/lrelease
> ............/lupdate
> ............/moc
> ............/qmake
> ............/uic
>
> simply 'rm /usr/bin/moc' and than 'ln -s /usr/share/qt4/bin/moc
> /usr/bin/moc ....
>
> not sure, but perhaps it helps!

Actually debian has an "alternatives" system which manages these symlinks. You
can install e.g. the package galternatives [or something] and with it you can
select e.g. which gcc version to use, or what moc or qmake :) There surely is
some commandline tool way for doing this, too, but i only use galternatives
and i don't like reading docs ;)

I got most Qt stuff to build when i used plain debian. It's pretty much the
same here in Ubuntu.

Regards,
Flo

--