[LAU] Proposal: OpenDAWS (long)

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Thu Jun 7 09:26:30 EDT 2007

David Baron <d_baron at 012.net.il> writes:

> Just as Sun's Openoffice is not using what they call an open
> document format, we need a open digital audio work-stations format.

Another reason for wanting something like this is that it'd
occasionally be useful to generate a multitrack project from something
else. One of the things I keep meaning to do is to write something
that'd take a Ninjam archive and generate an Ardour project from it
(with panning, fades in and out, and so on); having a standard import
format would mean that could be done portably. I'll go and have a peer
at AAF-XML...

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>