[LAU] TAP and other LADSPA plugins cause... dead silence?

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri Jun 8 16:56:55 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 09:07:58AM -0700, Tim Howard wrote:

> Incidentally, does the CAPS EQ also use biquads?  Because it is
> producing the same problems.

I don't know what CAPS is using, and ATM I can't really blame
the biquads - I just have a feeling the problem could be hiding
there.

But using biquads in audio has some drawbacks:

- in particular for filters operating at LF, you can have
  problems with numerical precision,
- they can get unstable when parameters values are modified.

This sort of thing happens often with the 'textbook' form of
a DSP algo, which is almost never the right one to use.

--
FA

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !