[LAU] JAMin CVS commit - 0.97.00 and 0.97.01

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Tue Jun 12 22:34:39 EDT 2007

Sorry to cross post this but I got no response on the JAMin devel list
and we don't have a user list :(

We need some people to check this out and make sure I haven't totally
hosed up the program ;-)

The last commit note that was posted to JAMin devel follows:

CVS commit - 0.97.00

    *  Removed all XOR raster graphics operations from the HDEQ.

    *  Added tooltips to output and RMS peak/level text boxes.

    *  HDEQ spectrum curve color is now modifiable.

    *  HDEQ spectrum curve remains on screen when modifying HDEQ.

    *  Changed the default values for HDEQ background and spectrum curve
       to black and cyan respectively.

   This is a pretty major change.  Basically, we paint all the HDEQ
background elements (EQ curve, gain lines, notch handles, crossover
bars) to a GdkPixmap and then draw the entire pixmap to the widget at
the beginning of the draw_EQ_spectrum_curve function.  We then draw the
spectrum curve directly on the widget.  This way we don't have to worry
about keeping track of the last time we drew the curve in the XOR
graphics plane.  In addition to that we must draw the pixmap to the
widget when we modify the background elements.  We also save the HDEQ
spectrum curve when we draw it so that we can draw it back on the widget
when we're modifying the background elements.  That way we can at least
see the curve that was active at the time we began to modify stuff.

    The main reason for making this change to the HDEQ was because I had
received a bug report having to do with a particular 3D window manager.
I suspected at the time (and still do) that it had something to do with
the XOR graphics.  The other reason is that I have recently ported all
of my applications at work from Qt3 to Qt4.  This has been extremely
painful as they have removed raster graphics from Qt4.  At the same time
they have added alpha blending.  After all the work though I found that
my applications were much more stable and I didn't have the occasional
stray line due to not erasing an XOR line properly.  If I can figure out
how to do the alpha blending in GTK I may add slowly fading HDEQ
spectrum curves to the mix (configurable of course).

    As I said above, this is a major change.  Please try it out and see
if you have any problems.  There may be some speed issues because the
XOR graphics may have been a bit faster.  I have been unable to see any
slowdown on my system and, from what I've seen at work, blasting a
pixmap to the screen is really fast.  Let me know if you see any
problems.

CVS commit - 0.97.01

    *  Added right-click popup menu to HDEQ

    *  First menu entry - Reset HDEQ curve : resets the EQ to 0 (this
       used to be done by just the right-click).

    *  Second menu entry - Release parametric EQ controls : releases
       the three, non-shelving parametric EQ controls to be reused
       while leaving the EQ curve as is.  This effectively means you
       have an unlimited number of parametric EQ controls.  You can
       shape the curve with the parametric EQs, release them, and
       then put parametric controls on top of the curve you built with
       the parametric controls - woot!

    *  Third menu entry - Cancel : cancels EQ curve drawing (center
       click still does this too).

    *  Modified the help verbiage for the HDEQ.

    I think we're real close to a 1.0 release but I'd like a bit more
testing on these last two iterations 'cause they're kinda big ;-)

Sampo,

    Can you send me the changes that we need to implement your limiter?
I've lost them somewhere along the line.

Reuben,

    Would you please try this on Beryl and see if it makes any
difference?

Cheers,
Jan

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
http://www.thecfband.com

arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride'"