[LAU] Garritan Personal Orchestra and Linux

Rob lau at kudla.org
Fri Jun 15 13:47:49 EDT 2007

On Friday 15 June 2007, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
> I've tried using IK Multimedia's Miroslav Philharmonik (as a VSTi)
> under Linux also, but it wouldn't load at all. It has some funky
> authentication that may be interfering (it used to use iLok but
> they got rid of the dongles).

Is that becoming more common, that music software vendors abandon
dongles?  I found it hilarious that in the same issue of Keyboard
with the feature on Linux audio, there was also an article on how
great dongles and Internet activation were because they make all this
wonderful proprietary software possible.  It was like I'd traveled
back in time to 1994 or something.

Rob