[LAU] Re: DAW usability

zettberlin at linuxuse.de zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Fri Jun 15 15:49:09 EDT 2007

>  The editor and mixer (ie the stuff that matters) are fine (if not
>perfect) IMO.

> I know I am going to get hammered and/or flamed for this, but the people who
wrote it say 'its perfect'?

No - the people, who use it tend to say, that it nears perfection quite close...

> That effectively means changes or enhancement
cannot be submitted since the guys who wrote the code cannot improve upon
perfection.

Improvement of stuff, that is perfectly designed means to improve stability of the implementation and adding more usefull features.

> So why go to the dev list?

To make a good concept even better

> OK, that is my last submit - I am going to shut up.

Dont!
There is far too much "everything is just great - you are OK - I am OK - lets celebrate ourselfs a bit" - type  of discussion. To have some controversal statements on the list is most refreshing. Even though I do not agree with you, I appreciate, that you put my well-established points of view to a test....:-)