[LAU] Re: Re: DAW usability

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Fri Jun 15 22:27:51 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 01:19 +0200, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

> Jan Depner:
> > (and is fixing it as we speak).  My advice to those who are not
> > satisfied with Ardour is to 1) give money to the developers, 2) learn to
> > code and get to work on it, 3) learn to code and write your own DAW, or
> > 4) go whine elsewhere.
>
> No, I can not agree with this. We must be allowed to point out
> what we think is wrong with ardour without doing 1, 2, 3 or 4. If someone
> thinks something is wrong with any of my programs, I really want them
> to tell me so, and I don't require any money or code contributions from
> anyone. And I'm pretty sure Paul Davis, Thorstein Wilms, etc. thinks so
> too.
>
> There are more or less polite, and more or less constructive ways to
> complain, so to suggest that you should never tell the authors of
> Ardour that you are not satisfied with it, is just plain stupid.

    I didn't say never complain.  I said quit whining.  I haven't seen a
single post in this thread that had a single constructive piece of
advice on how to correct the perceived problems with Ardour.  It is OK
to tell them you are not satisfied with it but how about asking for
specific fixes to specific problems?