[LAU] Re: Re: Whining and whingeing

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sat Jun 16 04:12:16 EDT 2007

Hi!
  Well Ken, why so many now pick on ardour. I think it might be both
bewildering and completely understandable. I'm more affiliated with the
understanding end. And that DOES NOT mean, that I dislike ardour, how can I, I
can't use it at all? But the more users you have and the more famous the
project gets, the more people to get in such a discussion. Also the more will
be there to drop a lot of good words about it, if they think it's necessary at
all, because they're so sure, that it's good.
  I also agree with Kjetil: It's ok that people complain, but well the rest of
the discussion I followed seemed a bit childish! With a lot of unfounded
fights and accusations! Isn't this all about software? It is! And software is
something rather rational if you get down to the core? I think so. There's
code at the very base, which is either working fne or it isn't, but it is
_rather- simple to pinpoint this. And above the code level there is design?
About that you can argue, but I think even that has specifications or definite
ideas, about which one can argue instead of being just unspecific.
  Kindest regards
       Julien
P.S.: Sorry for intruding, me no ardour-user, but I found it all too stupid,
unnecessarily angry and unproductive!

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net
the Linux TextBased Studio guide