[LAU] [ann] CAPS 0.4.0

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Sun Jun 17 14:38:06 EDT 2007

[David Haggett]

>Can't get it to compile on x86_64 (running SuSE 9.3 which is old).  I get the
>following error:
>
>g++ -O3 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Wall -fPIC -DPIC  -I/usr/local/include -c
>Eq.cc
>In file included from Eq.cc:31:
>Eq.h: In member function `void EqIIStub<Channels,
>   Bands>::start_cycle(d_sample**)':
>Eq.h:137: error: syntax error before `;' token
>make: *** [Eq.o] Error 1
>
>If I remove Eq.cc and Eq.h, and the references to Eq and Eq2x2 from
>interface.cc it compiles without errors, but haven't managed to get it to
>install yet.  (Ladspa looks for plugins in /usr/lib64/ladspa, but when I
>copied caps.so in place of the previous caps-ng.so ardour wouldn't start.
>
>any guidance gratefully received.

Have you also updated line 54 in interface.cc, reading

#define N 38

That's the total number of plugins, so if you remove 2 of them, it
should read 36 instead.  CAPS does an assert() to make sure the number
is right (because if it's not things can get quite nasty, and I often
forget to update it when adding plugins).

But instead of all this, you can apply this patch:

http://quitte.de/dsp/caps_eq_x86_64.diff

(with patch -p1 in the CAPS directory.)

I just ran a compile test on an AMD 64 with debian's g++ 3.3.5, and it
failed with the same error you reported.  With the patch applied, it
builds and loads fine -- and you don't lose the Eq plugins.

Tim