[LAU] [ann] CAPS 0.4.0

David Haggett david at haggett.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 19 03:39:38 EDT 2007

On Sunday 17 June 2007 19:38, Tim Goetze wrote:
> http://quitte.de/dsp/caps_eq_x86_64.diff
>
> (with patch -p1 in the CAPS directory.)
>
> I just ran a compile test on an AMD 64 with debian's g++ 3.3.5, and it
> failed with the same error you reported.  With the patch applied, it
> builds and loads fine -- and you don't lose the Eq plugins.

Hmm.  It did indeed build fine, and the plugins are all available.  I'm seeing
an oddness with the AmpVTS interface in Ardour however:

The "model" selector is numeric 0 to 5, which is what I expected, but the gain
control is a dropdown-list showing the names of the models.  Anything above
"'64 Princeton" is unusable because of oversaturation.

I also checked the "ToneStack" plugin in ardour, and that provides a text
representation of the model, which is I guess what should happen in AmpVTS

Jack-Rack displays the AmpVTS controls as expected - gain is a slider going
from 0 to 3, so the problem is specific to ardour.

Any suggestions?
--

David Haggett