[LAU] Rosegarden, midi thru and stuck notes

Predrag Viceic viceic at net2000.ch
Fri Jun 22 04:32:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm experiencing one of the older Rosegarden issues:

I have Rosegarden (1.5.1), which controls hardware synthesisers /samplers
through an Emagic AMT8 USB-Midi interface.

I put Rosegarden in a loop and I play the master keyboard. The notes from the
master keyboard are routed to the hardware synth by Rosegarden (midi-thru
activated). If I play the note at the position near the end of the loop, and
I release it on the begining of the loop, the note gets stuck. I cannot
release it with Rosegarden's Panic button (I must use the panic on the AMT8).

It's as if the note-off doesn't get sent past the end of the loop.

I have tried to change the synchronisation settings as suggested in the above
post, without any effect.

I have tried that with a precompiled binary for OpenSuSE 10.2 (packman) and
with the self-built version. The problem persists independently if Jack is
running or not.

Of course I use the latest version of all the packages.

One thing that i have noticed and which may be important to understand the
issue: The metronome isn't working and when I go to the Metronome sub-menu,
Rosegarden freezes (I must xkill it)

I have the snd rtc module loaded and I have recompiled the kernel with Timer
resolution set to 1000Hz :

http://wiki.jacklab.net/index.php/Rosegarden_system_timer_resolution

Otherwise I use the default 2.6.18.8 kernel, without realtime patch. I can run
Jack in RT mode, I suppose It works with the new realtime features in kernel
(I'm not an expert in all this realtime stuff...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Predrag Viceic
http://freecycle.redsteamrecords.com
http://www.flyingredfish.com