[LAU] Source for glitchy drums?

Greg gkjoyce at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 21:56:34 EDT 2007

I have not tried this yet, but it's something i've thought about.  I'm
not sure what you mean by "glitchy" exactly.  Actual glitches (a
scratched CD), and things I've heard in glitchy music would probably
sound like sample-stuttering and also that percussive clip you get by
not enveloping sounds that are like, maybe 5 to 200ms(?) long.  Both
would be doable in PD.
   But one possibility would be to collect low cost keyboards and then
sample the drum loops /  sounds and then mess with them in the
environment of your choosing.  Obviously if you needed a certain
reproducible sound you could record an improv on say, a snare sound, and
then slice up that for sequencing the parts later.
Furthermore, you could go into circuit bending the boards before you
record them.