[LAU] "mp3"-player with ogg?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Jun 29 16:32:23 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I discovered that travelling is more fun if my own music is in my ears. So I
decided (and my wife approved) to buy a mobile player. As big parts of my
music collection are oggs and I am to audiophile to reconvert them to mp3, I
am searching for a mobile player that can do ogg as well as mp3 (I don't give
anything for wma, aac or other proprietary stuff).

I like the way Apple makes things just work. If the Ipod nano played ogg I
would march into the next local supermarket that has them on discount
currently.

Who has experience with Linux on the Ipod (normal one without
nano/shuffle/etc...)? Is it stable and usable?

Which other players would you recommend for their abilities and usability?

Have a nice weekend,

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/