[linux-audio-user] List of prefered apps...

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Thu Mar 1 15:51:43 EST 2007

Hi all,

Oh...FWIW.... I LOVE you guys! :)

Meanwhile,

I would like a list of preferred apps from anyone who responds. If you
had an Audio LiveCD you could pop in your machine and boot it up, what
would you most prefer to see there?
I have sampled them all recently and while they look great, work
reasonably well and have lots of stuff in them application wise, I'm not
convinced the simplicity is as honed as it can be.

1.   What are your top 10 critical "must have" audio apps?
2.   What are your top 5 utility apps?
3.   Considering a mid powered box, (say 1800mhz, 1 gig ram, etc) what
is your favorite WM or desktop?
4.   How many people *don't* have at least a DVD read only drive that
you can boot from?

YOur contribution would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Russell