[linux-audio-user] List of prefered apps...

Peter Finnegan petespin at att.net
Thu Mar 1 22:15:45 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 12:51 -0800, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Oh...FWIW.... I LOVE you guys! :)
>
> Meanwhile,
>
> I would like a list of preferred apps from anyone who responds. If you
> had an Audio LiveCD you could pop in your machine and boot it up, what
> would you most prefer to see there?
> I have sampled them all recently and while they look great, work
> reasonably well and have lots of stuff in them application wise, I'm not
> convinced the simplicity is as honed as it can be.
>
> 1.   What are your top 10 critical "must have" audio apps?
Ardour
Lilypond (I guess it's not audio, but it is critical for me to get audio
out of others I work with )
Ecasound
jackd
qjackctl
Audacity
Hydrogen

> 2.   What are your top 5 utility apps?

> 3.   Considering a mid powered box, (say 1800mhz, 1 gig ram, etc) what
> is your favorite WM or desktop?
GNOME, XFCE4, and Windowmaker (I can't decide)
> 4.   How many people *don't* have at least a DVD read only drive that
> you can boot from?

Oddly enough, the only place where I do not have access to a DVD reader
is at work.  But the machines do have cd-r/rw.