[linux-audio-user] composing with trackers

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 02:25:24 EST 2007

On 3/1/07, Rob <lau at kudla.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 17:03, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> > I completely abandoned composing at the computer for exactly
> > that reason. I find it quicker to experiment with everything
> > from melody, harmony, lyrics, modulations to form when at the
> > piano. Also I found that I only make good tunes when playing
> > and *singing* along.
>
> I do most of my composing when I'm driving nowadays.... it must
> be the only time when my brain's able to disengage and let the
> melodies out.  But sometimes I compose while sitting at the
> piano or with a guitar or bass on my lap.

I sing any time I drive, and it really feels awesome to exercise what
I've learned in school.  Alas, I'm in Philly, and I left my vehicle at
my mom's house while I'm here, so I pretty much only drive when I'm on
break.  If I would just not care and sing everywhere, I'd likely be a
far better musician for it!  (and have far fewer friends)

-Chuckk