[linux-audio-user] List of prefered apps...

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Mar 2 03:14:29 EST 2007

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> david wrote:
>
>> <snip> and some as-yet-undiscovered Linux application that can put
>> more than one line of lyrics on a staff.
>
> That would be abcm2ps (http://moinejf.free.fr/).

Thanks, the latest stable version installed nicely from the repository.
Will have to see how it works into the flow.

> And I would be surprised if lilypond can't do that. It might be that
> it's just not possible from within rosegarden (I don't use rosegarden,
> so I wouldn't know).

Rosegarden only allows one line of lyrics per note, apparently. I have
Lilypond here, but I'd prefer a GUI app that could handle it. Denemo's
online help mentions a kludge that sort of lets you do multiple lyrics,
but mentions that they're not sure what problems might result from it.

Sounds like this is one area where the commercial Windows apps are ahead
of Linux apps?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com