[linux-audio-user] jack midi vs alsa midi

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:58:17 EST 2007

Hi

Just realized my post got burred in another thread, so here goes in a
fresh thread:

Nedko Arnaudov wrote:

 > Having audio and MIDI perfectly synchronized is a must in my
 > vision. There is no point of using JACK if you use ALSA too.

Really?

I haven't yet used it, and think alsa midi works just fine. Exactly
where (real world scenarios, please) is jack-midi superior the the
degree that the current approach is pointless?

And I'd also like to hear a quick hand up: Who's using jack midi
exclusively and who's using alsa midi?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte