[linux-audio-user] AMS

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Mar 3 11:31:17 EST 2007

Atte André Jensen wrote:

> Dave Phillips wrote:
>
>> At some point something should be done to improve the GUI.
>

> EyeCandy, usability or both?

Both, though the eye candy certainly ought to be functional.

IMO "clunky" adequately describes the current GUI for this excellent synth.

It won't hurt my feelings if Linux devels take some time to investigate
the appearance of, say, a dozen or so best VSTi synths. I do find that
I'm often attracted by attractive things.

> If usability is involved, could you summarize your main gripes?

Since AMS is a virtual patching modular synth, subpatching (a la Pd)
would be nice). Other niceties might include hidden wiring and a
configuration panel.

And yes, a real build system (autotools, scons, whatever) would be
helpful to those of us who still like to roll our own.

Best,

dp