[linux-audio-user] guitar amp emulation

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Mar 6 12:39:28 EST 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 05:01:48PM +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Possibly with some decent presets for CAPS there'd be a solution?

Yeah, try combinations of things.
Try playing with EQ both before and after the CAPS plugins, that can
make a huge difference in the character of the sound.

> As for the original query, better than GuitarRig(or pod for that matter), I
> doubt there is one that gets even close...

haven't tried it, but I've been pretty happy with CAPS.
Cabinet "5" is by far my favorite of the cabinet settings.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com