[linux-audio-user] guitar amp emulation

Giuseppe Zompatori siliconjoe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:25:58 EST 2007

2007/3/6, Cesare Marilungo <cesare at poeticstudios.com>:
> There's this suite of freeware VST plugins:
>
> http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm
>
> which sound fantastic.
>
> Since it is an academic project maybe we can try to convince the authors
> to release the source and port them to ladspa.

I tried contacting him to let me do a Linux port of Guitar Suite to
LADSPA (even under NDA) as he wasn't considering open sourcing it,
after some email exchange he pointed me back at the CAPS homepage...
at that point I smiled and whished him good luck with his proprietary
stuff.

GS sounds OK, though my VAMP-Pro eats it for breakfast. I think it
compares incredibly favourably against the hyped PODs too as I play
jams (almost daily) with other guitar players on NINJAM that own PODs.
They always end up asked me what I am using... :P Fenomenal
price-value ratio IMHO.

Cheers,

-Giuseppe