[linux-audio-user] guitar amp emulation

Nick Scheer nscheer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:00:56 EST 2007

I've also struggled to find good distorted guitar effects to my liking. I
haven't been able to find any LADSPA solutions that did what I want, and
find VST to be a real headache. Direct recording is a definite preference
for me, and I'll only mic an amp as a last resort.

I actually just ordered a Behringer Vamp2, and can't wait to get my hands on
it. It's gotten good reviews--generally much, much better than the Line 6
POD units which cost a great deal more...