[linux-audio-user] Re: kernel 2.6.20.1 & rt-patch 2.6.20-rt8

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Thu Mar 8 12:47:06 EST 2007

David Baron wrote:

>>> I have 2.6.20, use with realtime-lsm. How does this compare, effect the
>>> rt-8 patch?
>>>
>>> Where do I get 2.6.20.1 and the patch?
>>>

>> hi, here is the kernel archiv:
>>
>> http://www.kernel.org/
>>
>> and here you get i.molnars patches:
>>
>> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/
>>

> Thanks. Building the unpatched kernel now. Will try the patch later on.
> What does this patch effect outside of audio or video applications?
> Does is render unneeded realtime.lsm or rlimits or does it work with them?

there is a option about using rt-lsm, but it is marked as 'obsolete'.
i am using pam modules here, which works very good.

but i have a feeling that you did not got it: rt-kernel will run with or
without rt-lsm or pam modules. one of this both you only need if you
wont ordinary user to be able to use realtime.
if you install rt-capable pam modules, they will work with any other
kernel you compile.
in opposite the rt-lsm you ll have to compile into any other kernel you
are building.

cheers,
doc