[linux-audio-user] apps.linuxaudio.org test updated

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Mar 8 16:22:25 EST 2007

Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Thanks for the replies so far!
>
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 04:53:09PM +0100, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> Chris Cannam wrote:

>>> I'm not sure about the meter-strips colouring in the stem of the p in the
>>> logo.  It looks like a too ungainly attempt to get something audio-related
>>> into the logo.  I agreed with your previous view that that wasn't really
>>> necessary, and I don't think these strips look enough like actual meters
>>> (especially spaced as they are) to carry the metaphor.
>>>
>>> The silhouettes in the logo title bar are nice.
>>>
>>> The background seems odd at first glance, but wears well.
>
> I like to think the background is very characteristic without being
> overly loud. Odd is so much better than boring :)
>

>> I'm following the look'n'logo evolution with interest. looks a lot like
>> software devel. 1st version nice and clean, and we get fixes as well as
>> new bugs with each revision :)
>
> I kept a few revisions to myself ;)
> For a more professional approach, one would start with a briefing
> and generate many variations. I try to cut down on that, though.

oh dear, my remark was intended as compliment! - glad we skipped the
briefing.. - we at linuxaudio.org are no professionals ;)

>> This latest version surprised me at first glance ("What's that now?")
>> but at second view I came to like the style! I agree that the logo
>> "P-meters" don't work well: both spacing & color! - maybe we should
>> reconsider the site's name :)
>
> Seems the style is good to catch some attention.
> I will remove the meters.
>
> Don't know if and how I should/might change the background.

i like the unobtrusiveness of it! The colors seem a little baby like
(blue/pink), but I was never good with coloring myself - I also think
there should be no spacing at the top or left of the bg and the size of
the blocks and the size of the logo are not yet in some aesthetic ratio
or alignment..

robin