[linux-audio-user] List of prefered apps...

danni danni.coy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 04:38:27 EST 2007

must have linux audio apps
1) Freewheeling
2) Ardour
3) Gnome Wave Cleaner
4) Rose garden
5) Hydrogen
6) ZynAddSubFX
7) Jack Rack
8) Amarok
9)  boodler
10) qsampler

Utilities
1) FMIT
2) Patchage
3) K3B
4) qjackctl
5) miditoys

Desktop
I am a KDE user
I might be tempted onto a lighter desktop but must have working graphical
keyboard switcher... E17 looks particularly cool

DVD...
For a mid powered machine I think this is a reasonable assumption however. I
wouldn't do it unless you are convinced that you need that amount of space to
do a decent setup.

--
A traveling salesman was driving past a farm when he saw a pig with three
wooden legs executing a magnificent series of backflips and cartwheels.
Intrigued, he drove up to the farmhouse, where he found an old farmer
sitting in the yard watching the pig.
	"That's quite a pig you have there, sir" said the salesman.
	"Sure is, son," the farmer replied.  "Why, two years ago, my daughter
was swimming in the lake and bumped her head and damned near drowned, but that
pig swam out and dragged her back to shore."
	"Amazing!"  the salesman exclaimed.
	"And that's not the only thing.  Last fall I was cuttin' wood up on
the north forty when a tree fell on me.  Pinned me to the ground, it did.
That pig run up and wiggled underneath that tree and lifted it off of me.
Saved my life."
	"Fantastic!  the salesman said.  But tell me, how come the pig has
three wooden legs?"
	The farmer stared at the newcomer in amazement.  "Mister, when you
got an amazin' pig like that, you don't eat him all at once."