[linux-audio-user] apps.linuxaudio.org test updated

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Mar 9 15:48:40 EST 2007

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>>  I kept a few revisions to myself ;)
>>>  For a more professional approach, one would start with a briefing
>>>  and generate many variations. I try to cut down on that, though.
>> oh dear, my remark was intended as compliment! - glad we skipped the
>> briefing.. - we at linuxaudio.org are no professionals ;)
>>

> Depends if you take from the German meaning or the English. As much as some
> might not want to admit it, at least a few of us are :-P

aah crap. - pro-fessione vs. amator again, ey?  - diversity is a pro!
and right, linuxaudio.org is professional in many aspects, too !
..some are in for the groupies others for the money. :) not that there
is/are much(many?) of either at linuxaudio.org - well and I can only
speak for myself, of course.

I was under the impression that linuxaudio.org is a NPO, implying a
mission not a profession.

For instance: Would linuxaudio.org pay a designer if it had the means to
do so? - or is it just a matter of the license the design will be
released under? - or does it need sound right?
- the ironic conclusion: linuxaudio.org even lacks funding for
ideological discussions. - things here are shaped from what falls from
the sky and the briefings are dubbed jam-sessions ;)

back from the off-topic. What I actually meant to say in the first place
is that: IMHO Thorsten's "release early, release often" approach and
mailing-list discussion is quite preferable to a corporate identity
briefing [for linuxaudio.org]. and he's been courteous and patient which
are feat. that professional designers often lack!

The apps site as is does not *look* professional (meaning of marketing),
it's actually rather amateurish ([be]loved, cared about, blessed).

#robin