[linux-audio-user] real-time MIDI scripting?

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sat Mar 10 13:22:20 EST 2007

Hi. Is there any scripting language out there that can read and write
Alsa MIDI? I want to do things like remapping, intelligent, dynamic,
keyboard splitting, assigning certain notes to close-open applications,
sending alternate notes to different MIDI channels, and things like that.

pd of course is a possibility, but at the moment I'm having problems
getting pd-extended to run in 64studio, and regardless, I'd like to
explore the text-language route.

Larry