[linux-audio-user] [RME HDSP 9632] No sound

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Mar 10 16:14:02 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 10:57 -0600, j.c.w. wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> You need the snd-rme9652 module.  I don't have any of the hdsp stuff
> at all (to my knowledge).  The contents of the file produced by

the RME Hammerfall 9632 is not the RME HDSP 9632.

for the former, use snd-rme9652 ("classic hammerfall)
for the latter, use snd-hdsp ("modern hdsp series")

there is no conventional mixer on this card, so alsamixer and other
"generic mixer" apps will do nothing. you need to use hdspmixer.

it is possible that you will have to reflash your firmware to make it
work under linux, but check the results of running hdspmixer first.

--p