[linux-audio-user] My new mouse done ate my alsa sound

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 13:57:02 EDT 2007

2007/3/11, Rob <lau at kudla.org>:
> On Sunday 11 March 2007 07:37, Jan Depner wrote:
> > I'll never understand why we
> > ignore the PS2 port in favor of USB for simple stuff like mice
> > and keyboards.
> I'm with you, but the PS2 port was supposed to be part of
> computing history by 2000.  People are finally starting to build
> PC's without floppy drives, so the PS2 ports may be the next to
> go....

My one-year old notebook doesn't know neither floppy nor ps2(*). It
still has a parallel-port though.

But it doesn't crash my sound if I plug in and use my various
usb-mouse or gamepads...

Arnold

(*) Strictly speaking it still knows ps2 because the internal touchpad
is ps2. By removing the module on button-press I can emulate the
windows-function of toggling the touchpad(**).

(**) Touchpads suck!
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---