[linux-audio-user] intel core 2 duo and amd turion 64x2

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sun Mar 11 15:29:09 EDT 2007

On 3/10/07, carmen <_ at whats-your.name> wrote:
> everything is made by Compal, Quanta, and ASUS. can you really discriminate by western "brand" ?
>
> if Apple is selling a notebook for $1099 and HP is selling the same thing for $599, i'd get the HP - call me crazy

How do you know it's the same thing?  Even if the specs are identical,
I would expect Apple to have a much better QA process to catch things
like singing capacitors that most PC buyers don't care about.

Although, Apple's quality control has slipped a lot lately - the 2006
Macbook I am typing this on had to be returned to the shop to fix the
infamous "random shutdown disorder".

Lee