[linux-audio-user] [RME HDSP 9632] Firmware downgrade - WAS: No sound

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 02:26:05 EDT 2007

Hi there,  I've also had a shmeck of a time getting anything decent sounding
out of my Multiface on an Ubuntu laptop (although it works ok on my desktop,
albeit with latency)

> For an upgrade or downgrade you have to run the executable "firmware
> update" program from the RME site.

The only thing I can find on their site is the "hdsp_fut.exe" that comes in
"fut_win_dsp.zip".   When I run it in windows, it only allows me to upgrade
to revision 53 (NOTE for the Paul's post below... lspci says rev 35).  So
does this mean that I need to email RME for the old one, and if so, which
firmware version is the one that people are having success with?

One more question;  will I run into problems by loading the firmware from a
desktop pci card (even if I check cardbus)?

cheers,
rich

I'm not sure what they are supplying here anymore. It's been too long