[linux-audio-user] OT: Berlin/LAC

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Mar 13 19:11:52 EDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 12:48:34AM +0300, Dmitry Baikov wrote:

> 1. Where it is better to buy a notebook [](webshops are ok, if they
> can deliver to the hotel).
> I found one webshop, but they do not reply to my requests. The link
> also shows the hardware I want:
> http://shop.libet.de/product_info.php/info/p2272_HP-nx6325-TL60-15--80GB-1024MB-WXPP-DVDRW-WLAN-BT--DE-.html
>
> 1.1 A hard question: can I get a VAT (MwSt.) refund, as a non-EU citizen?

I can't answer 1 (not living in Germany). I suspect there will be some
'megastores' in Berlin.

You will probably have to pay the VAT, and get some papers to reclaim it
if you can provide proof of export (you have to get that proof from the
customs when travelling back). Internet shops often deliver only to the
address of the credit card owner (an elementary security measure).

> 2. How it is better to get to Koeln and back (if it is train, how and
> where to buy tickets) and in which weekday?
> 2.1 How much time will it take?

Germany has an excellent high speed train system, and there are many
trains between Berlin and Koeln. The high speed ones take 4.5 hours
and cost about 100 Euro. The slower ones take up to 6.5 hours and will
be around 85 Euro. You can buy tickets in any major train station but
on the long distance connections you always need to reserve a seat,
and that's done best a few days ahead. Time schedules and tickets
online via <http://www.bahn.de/p/view/index.shtml>.

--
FA

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !