[linux-audio-user] Samba felidae - call for soloists :)

Martin Ahnelöv operagasten at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 05:11:29 EDT 2007

>I hope you don't mind CC'ing to LAU again:
>
>I dig your playing (great melodies).. BTW: what rhodes soundfont is it?
>Sounds
>good..
>
>Let's say we got you two piano players Pa and Pb and we have some
>melody
>instrumentalists I1, I2 (or whoever wants to chime in).
>
>Then we could do it like this:
>
>Head (with some Pa stuff in the background)
>
>Solo Pa
>
>Solo I1 (more soft Pa stuff in the back)
>
>SoloI I2 (Pb takes over now in the back)
>
>Solo Pb
>
>Head (with some Pb stuff)
>
>Ending [which i'll come up with sometime. maybe just a fade out on
>Ebmaj7
>Abmaj7 Ebm7 Abmaj7 rep. :)]
>
>I'll rerecord the thing with click track again, so my shoddy timing
>doesn't
>throw you off so bad and that there's some reference timing available
>(in
>case anyone wants to play around with sequencers and drum computers).
>I'll
>play 4 choruses with space for solo in the middle.. Then everyone can
>blow
>over them (take 1, 2, 3 or 4 choruses or copy and paste for more if
>you
>please. On both of your recordings (Josh and Atte) i thought: "damn,
>why does
>it have to stop already?"). If we can't play together live we can as
>well
>make use of hd recording technologies (usually i'm not a too big friend
>of
>click tracks). So everyone just record something over it that you
>like.. Then
>in the end i'll cut it together :)

Woaw. Does it get more Open Source than this (I mean the collaboration
part, not the "how did you do that?"-part)?

I've been thinking of doing something like this in the future too, but
you got there first :) Hope we'll see more of this in the future.

I'll try to do something with seq24 and zyn when I get your new
recording + spare time (somewhere in next weekend).

Gasten