[linux-audio-user] Samba felidae - call for soloists :)

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Fri Mar 16 08:34:23 EDT 2007

On Friday 16 March 2007, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 04:59:16AM +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> > Yeah, you're right. I should shut up and let everyone decide for themself
> > :) But since i had to rerecord it anyways to make more room for stuff i
> > did try with click track. The result is definetly different, but i don't
> > know whether it's nessecarily worse :)
>
> It's harsh and mechanical in comparison. Maybe it isn't the guitar so much,
> just the steady shaker and the hit (plop).
>
> A fixed tempo makes it a lot easier to program beats to it, but it's not
> like it would be impossible to follow the tempo with a tempo track (here
> I wish there was a tapping-to-tempo-track feature).
>
> In both cases having guitar and shaker and plop on seperate tracks would
> be nice.
>
> > Maybe the click isn't really a bad thing here..
>
> I think it is and I say that as someone with tempo changes in like 2 out
> of 60 tracks ;)

And yeah, you guys are right when listening to it with a fresh ear. The shaker
and blop are the most copy and pasty in the playalong, so, i guess one hears
it :)

So, what to do?

I suppose it's up to you guys :)

One possibility to get a more natural feel back into it again is rereceording
the parts again, but relative to the already recorded ones (not to the
click). I'll record a track of plonks first, then rerecord a full track of
shakers.. Or if someone else wants to do some percussion..

But: do as you choose. If you rather want to play with the loose tempo
version, go ahead :)

BTW: i will upload seperate drum/guitar tracks of both versions for a start..

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://tapas.affenbande.org