[linux-audio-user] *mixter (was: Samba felidae)

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Mar 19 07:49:51 EDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 11:52:31AM +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:

> > Hmm, maybe the world needs a linuxmixter.org? I'll bet all the code for
> > ccmixter is GPL (or, CC "share-alike").

It's open-source, anyway.

> I'll take a look at CCmixter. Not sure about the need for a linuxmixter.
> CCmixter is platform independent i guess..

It is.

Sadly they don't allow share-alike as license option and there's a lot of
NC stuff. NonCommercial - people don't even know wether you're allowed to
play that stuff on the radio if there are commercial breaks.

As things are, ccmixter is mainly about halfway openly licensed music
created with propietary tools.

A oss/linuxmixter would have the advantage of added visibility, but I
doubt there would be enough users and there's definitively a lack of
enthusiasts to build and maintain such things.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Creature Illustrations:
http://www.printfection.com/thorwil