[linux-audio-user] Beatrix and jack?

Nicolai Lissner nlissne at linux01.gwdg.de
Tue Mar 20 07:09:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 10:46:00AM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Can you wrap the OSS-device in an alsa-jack-plugin?

Yes, you can. Try oss2jack available at http://fort.xdas.com/~kor/oss2jack/

It adds an additional /dev/dsp that appears as jack-output AND input :)

You will need an additional kernel-module called fusd-kor, also available
on the page above, however if you are running a more recent kernel, the
module offered on the page will not build. You might have a look at
http://hg.konstruktiv.org/fusd/ then.

It can be a pain to build it, but once you are through it works like a
charme. Feel free to contact me, if you run in trouble building it.

I didn't try it with Beatrix, but until now it worked with any OSS based
application I tried.

Have fun and good luck!
Nicolai