[linux-audio-user] Alsamixer not storing levels...

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Tue Mar 20 11:38:13 EDT 2007

Mike Lyon wrote:
> I'm doing it all via command line. No KDE or Gnome at all. I will
> invocate it, modify the settings, esc out and then immediately bring
> it back up and see that none of my changes took...
>
> Ugh.,
>
> _mike
>

> On 3/19/07, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:
>> On 3/19/07, Mike Lyon <mike.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > So while running Ubuntu Edgy, I bring up alsamixer as root to adjust
>> > my levels. I set them accordingly and then esc out. All is good,
>> > right? No. So I bring up alsamixer again as root and it defaulted back
>> > to it's original values. It won't save any of my values.
>>
>> Weird.  Are you running KDE or Gnome at the time?  They may poll the
>> mixer and restore the levels themselves.
>>
>> Do you wait or do anything else between alsamixer invocations?
>>
>> Lee

hi,
try running 'alsactl store 0' as root.
the number 0 means the first card in the system...

if still does not work go to:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/Main_Page

and type 'restore' in the search box, it will list you lot of stuff
worth reading.
it just helped me last week in the similar problem!

cheers,
doc