[linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCE: Sonic Visualiser and Vamp plugin SDK 1.0pre3 released

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Mar 21 13:51:11 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 00:28, Chris Cannam wrote:
> Announcing the release of Sonic Visualiser 1.0pre3, a pre-release for
> the soon forthcoming Sonic Visualiser 1.0.
>
>   http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/

> Chris

Hi Chris. This is a really nice app. I've only played a .ogg with it up to
now, but I like the look of it, and there are lots of docs, but no desktop
icon, and I dl'd the source as well, as sometimes they are hiding in there. I
suppose I will have to attempt one, but I'm running out of ideas for icons.

Normally I use MhWaveedit for playing my soundfiles, but Sonic Visualiser may
well give me a bit of incentive for editing some files.

Don't know anything about the vamp plugins, but I dl'd them, so I'd better
find out what they're all about.

I'm running the binary on FC2 at the moment, with no problems, and will also
try it on FC5, and try the .deb package on Etch, and Sarge.

Nice work Chris.

Nigel.