[linux-audio-user] Free-as-in-freedom B3, other than Bristol?

Gordon JC Pearce wsynth at gjcp.net
Wed Mar 21 19:01:03 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 19:23 +0100, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
>
> > When it's working, it sounds like
> > http://static.nekosynth.co.uk/demos/organ.ogg / organ.mp3
>
> That's decent, but still cheesy compared to beatrix. No offence :-)
What you've got there is a quick hack on Sean Bolton's Xsynth-DSSI, but
with a bunch of sine waves, and a quick hack on Steve Harris's Giant
Flange (oo-er) which, when combined, gives you a fairly decent tonewheel
simulation that sits well in a mix.

The major part of emulating a Hammond is the Leslie cab.  Simulating a
Leslie cab is *really really hard*.

Actually, I *am* a little offended.  If you don't like it, that's fine.
If you've got some ideas for how to improve it, that's even better - I'd
love to hear them.  What I'd love even more is if you got coding and
figured out how to make it sound better yourself.  If all you've got is
negative comments, perhaps you should keep looking or ask for your money
back.

Gordon