[linux-audio-user] Newb MIDI questions here...

clinart clinart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:35:52 EDT 2007

I see.  Thanks to everybody for your input.  I can see how easy it is to work
with MIDI and I guess I thought that it would be possible to work with audio
the same way (perfect pitch shifts, perfect timing, etc.).  I guess what
still puzzles me is working with both together.  Is it possible to
synchronize an audio track with a MIDI drum track, or do you just have to
play the audio around the MIDI so that everything syncs up the old fashioned
way (by ear)?  Also, can you stretch an audio track (say in Rosegarden or
Ardour) just a tad without warping it too much so that the final note of
your chorus hits exactly on time with the crash, for example?

Thanks again.  This is all very informative.