[LAU] Shopping for a linux distro

danni danni.coy at gmail.com
Thu May 3 06:34:44 EDT 2007

Very Specific Requirements.....

Must boot quickly -- Ability to turn off hardware autodetection easily highly
desirable.
Must be fairly straight forwards to customise X to run a single app rather
than a window manager.
Prefer a realtime kernel out of the box. Must have working firewire by
default.
Must be relatively straight forwards to build software on or for and package
it.

Basically I am looking to set up a single app box to be used in live
performance. If something goes wrong I want to be able to hit the reset
button and have a working system again in the minimum with no human
interaction other than the grub loading screen.

Any suggestions
	Danni

Mencken and Nathan's Ninth Law of The Average American:
	The quality of a champagne is judged by the amount of noise the
	cork makes when it is popped.